Aboard Astraea

Invest in experiences, not things

Yard day 2

|

On the hard at Knight and Carver

On the hard at Knight and Carver

Today we worked on the boat for 3 hours and really got a lot done. The radar is mounted and most of the molding for the headliner is out. Tomorrow we’ll get new cotter pins for the rigging and continue to prep the masts for stepping.

The bottom of the keel has already been fixed and is ready for paint

The bottom of the keel has already been fixed and is ready for paint

 

The mast has new wood and is ready for Awlgrip

The mast has new wood and is ready for Awlgrip

 

Mounting the radar bracket. I used sealant around the frame and screws to prevent water from getting in.

Mounting the radar bracket. I used sealant around the frame and screws to prevent water from getting in.

Natalie helped unscrew the molding that covers the headliner staples

Natalie helped unscrew the molding that covers the headliner staples

 

Close up of how the old headliner is installed

Close up of how the old headliner is installed

I used a putty knife to remove the old molding. It was varnished after install and stuck to the headliner and walls.

I used a putty knife to remove the old molding. It was varnished after install and stuck to the headliner and walls.

Comment

One Comment

  1. Love seeing the updates! Keep ’em coming! Wish we could be there to help! 🙁

Leave a Reply

Required fields are marked *.