There was a fire in the marina parking lot on Thursday! Natalie and I were away for my sister’s wedding in New York and Eric of Coconutz happened to catch the blaze on his cellphone. The fire started from an electric scooter that short circuited and spread to the nearby scooters and VW Beetle. Clay’s truck was parked on the other side of the lot from the blaze. Our cars escaped unharmed.
Eric’s blue scooter is now black and charred. I can see his ad for it on craigslist now, “For sale, used scooter. Last time I started it, it ran great. New black matte finish. $1 or best offer.”