Aboard Astraea

Invest in experiences, not things

Work continues removing the headliner

|

Natalie looking safe during headliner removal

Natalie looking safe during headliner removal

We’ve been making steady progress towards getting Astraea habitable. Saturday I put a coat of Awlgrip on the mast and it’s starting to look nice. Natalie and I started putting the rigging back on the masts. Later we headed back to Astraea and removed the headliner. It was neat to see how the headliner was stapled in and how supporting pieces of wood were screwed in to the fiberglass deck overhead.

We discovered Chinese writing on the molding we removed

We discovered Chinese writing on the molding we removed

Koku's silhouette on the headliner

Koku's silhouette on the headliner

After the headliner was down I reinstalled the lights

After the headliner was down I reinstalled the lights

In the picture above I have a mustache. Well, I call it a “mast-stache” since I’m not shaving my mustache until the mast goes back on Astraea. I’m just not a handsome fellow with a mustache and Natalie can’t wait for it to go away, so that’s more motivation to get the mast back up. This morning Eric from Coconutz helped me nearly finish up rigging the spreaders and mast. (Thanks Eric!) For lunch we had Eric and Jaime over to Airborne for a fancy lunch, hotdogs made on the new grill from Astraea. It works great!

In the afternoon, Natalie and I returned to the boatyard to put the finishing touches on the mast since the weather will be rainy tomorrow. We also wrapped Astraea’s topside up with some tarps to keep water out of the leaky windows.

The main cabin looks different and darker without the headliner

The main cabin looks different and darker without the headliner

Comment

One Comment

  1. Time to shave that “mast-stache”! I hear the masts are on!!!

Leave a Reply

Required fields are marked *.